Tom “Toma” Chaffer here. Blessed beyond imagination to be able to present you Media Makers and Shakers for Yeshua with an AWESOME job opportunity!
Although a (currently) very real opportunity, I’d like to also suggest the following serves as an EXCELLENT “modus operandi” for the media makers for Yeshua who REALLY want to “shake up da world!” For real. Ponder this:
– – –
International Justice Mission is a human rights agency that secures justice for victims of slavery, sexual exploitation and other forms of violent oppression. IJM lawyers, investigators and aftercare professionals work with local officials to ensure immediate victim rescue and aftercare, to prosecute perpetrators and to promote functioning public justice systems.
International Justice Mission is seeking a Media Coordinator to play an instrumental role in advancing IJM’s national, regional and international media presence and brand reputation. This person will be tasked with driving logistical support for full life-cycle media processes and projects, and serve as the point of contact for media inquiries.
* Serve as project manager for all media-related and public affairs projects; working with the appropriate team members to ensure all elements are delivered on time and within the highest quality standards;
* Provide administrative support to the Chief Media & Public Affairs Strategist including scheduling meetings and budget administration;
* Assist in drafting, editing and distributing press releases for key media projects;
* Conduct necessary research to assist the Media Team in pitching stories to media outlets and prepping IJM staff/speakers for interviews;
* Draft relational correspondence including letters, proposals and reports related to media, public affairs and/or speaking engagements; and
* Conduct necessary research to grow and maintain IJM’s database of media outlets and reporters.
Skills and Experience
* Demonstrated experience managing a large number of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with minimal oversight;
* Excellent written communication skills within the media context, including writing/copy editing experience;
* Proven ability to communicate orally in a clear and persuasive manner;
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships;
* Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or a related field; and
* Experience working in a Media outlet preferred.
* Mature orthodox Christian faith as defined by the Apostles’ Creed;
* Winsome demeanor;
* Strong attention to detail;
* Disciplined with priorities and ability to multi-task; and
* Adept at creative problem solving.
* Competitive salary, medical, dental and retirement benefits;
* Position reports directly to the Chief Media & Public Affairs Strategist;
* Position based at IJM Headquarters in the Washington, DC area; and
* Applications accepted until the position is filled.
See the original posting on IJM.org.